Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back in the Yard

I spend significant time in the yard photographing birds on Sunday.  We had two new visitors for the year... a pair of Red Crossbills which made numerous trips to a hanging platform feeder but which, I am sad to say,  haven't been seen since. 



In all I took 238 photos, processed all and retained 101.  I'm waiting for some help in identifying a couple of young birds I photographed, at least one of which is almost certainly a Spotted towhee. 

Here's a photo of a male House finch... 


And a photo of one of the young California quail taking a dust bath.  The young quail are already able to fly a considerable distance and gain at least 8-10 of elevation.  We're down to about ten but hope to retain more than survived last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment