Saturday, March 17, 2012

More Dunlin

By Friday morning, March 16, we had lost our warm sunny weather and it was back to the drizzle and cold.  Unfortunately the wind stayed with us, although perhaps it was somewhat less aggressive.  Returning from my morning activities I again drove by the Cap Sante Marina and found that the tide was in and in looking carefully along the water's edge I saw a group of Dunlin huddled in some short grass.  This would be a good opportunity to get a group shot if not for the rain.  But when I arrived back at the house the drizzle had abated so I grabbed my camera and headed back down to the marina.  Upon arriving I found that the Dunlin had departed. 

I ran a couple of errands but went back by the marina on the way home... and the Dunlin were back!  They started moving up and down what was now, at high tide, a very narrow beach and I took some photos.  With the wind chill it was cold and I had neglected to put on either a jacket or gloves so I was getting quite cold.  The Dunlin finally flew a couple of hundred feet away and landed on a large rock... where there was no beach.  This seemed like a great opportunity for photographs so, despite my discomfort with the cold, I followed them and obtained some photos with them resting on the rocks... and that's the way I left them. 





Enough of the Dunlin for awhile... I'll try to find something else to photograph!  

And just another note about our PacNW weather... by mid-afternoon on Friday the wind had quit, the rain had been vanquished and we enjoyed a warm, sunny afternoon!  And now, early Saturday morning, we've already had one fairly hard shower and the temperature is back down to 37-degrees! 

(If you haven't already read the post pertaining to the previous day be sure to do so!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment