Thursday, March 8, 2012

More Birds of Costa Rica

These photos of boobies were all taken from our ship on Christmas Day.  We had a few boobies flying around the ship late in the afternoon... probably the closest we had been to the birds on our trip and certainly under the most photographic circumstances.  I believe these are Brown boobies, but it's possible that the bird in photograph in the middle is a Blue-footed booby.  When flying, and seen from above, the two species appear quite similar. 





I'm nearing the end of the Panama/Costa Rica birds (but have a few really good ones "in the bag" and will get back to more birds of Skagit County soon.  Some of my winter yard birds are starting to thin or disappear but I should start gaining some spring migrants before too long. 

The Rufous hummingbirds will soon be here as evidenced by the Red currents that are now starting to bloom.  I have yet to see one at our house but expect one any day now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment