Friday, March 11, 2011

Goodbye Bosque, Hello Santa Fe!

We're going to say goodbye to the Bosque del Apache NWP, probably my favorite refuge in the West.  (Be sure to click on the image to view the detail of the birds flying into the refuge for the night.)



Moving on to the Randall Davey Audubon Center and Sanctuary in Santa Fe, NM...  

Dark-eyed junco, Gray-headed race...

Canyon towhee...

This photo was just too good to discard.  This White-breasted junco flew onto a bird bath just a few feet away.  I usually don't like man-made objects in my bird photos, but by my standards this photo is otherwise exceptional. 

White-breasted nuthatch (Thanks, Doug!)...

(Those of you who signed up for notification of new posts should receive a special email with three different photos of a Ruby-crowned kinglet.) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up, Doug. I get too involved in the technical aspects of posting the photos and lose track of what I'm doing! Joe

    ReplyDelete