Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bosque del Apache Birds from May 5, 2011

 I'm slowly trying to work my way through the photos I took on my spring birding trip and, like the last post, am displaying photos I took at the Bosque del Apache NWR just south of Socorro, NM.  

First up is a Black phoebe, a fairly common flycatcher that is almost always found around water. 

Next, a Western kingbird, a flycatcher that is usually difficult to miss.  While the phoebe is catching smaller insects near the water, the kingbird is producing much grander antics and generally going after the larger insects (such as grasshoppers) on the ground. 

And finally, this unidentified flycatcher which, like a lot of the flycatchers, is difficult to assign to a specific species.   That doesn't mean that it isn't work photographing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment