Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back to Skagit County

I'm going to temporarily interrupt my New Mexico odyssey for a return to the 'neighborhood' (in a wide sense).  We had about half a day of good photography weather last week so I set out with my camera to see what I could find. 

FIrst up, a Great Blue Heron.  I have found these birds to be relatively shy and difficult to photograph.  As soon as they see any indication of a vehicle slowing they are off and away.  This one, presumably the same one I've been seeing at this location for at least a couple of years, was more cooperative this day. 


This Red-tailed hawk was also more cooperative than most.  It's an incremental improvement that it was on a post rather than power pole or power line!

A first-year, White-crowned sparrow...

And a very cooperative Double-crested cormorant...


There are still more New Mexico photos forthcoming!   

No comments:

Post a Comment