Thursday, November 1, 2012

Administrative Comments (No birds!)

As owner of this blog I have access to statistics concerning the number of visits and/or page views for my blog.  It's fairly confusing but one of the things that interests me is where my viewers are supposedly located.

I'm provided with a microscopic map with darker areas that signify greater readership.  Most are in the continental US as you would expect, but Alaska is also painted as containing heavier usage.  Sarah, if it's you I want you to understand that no wildlife has been harmed as a result of my trophy hunting

I have at least one viewer from India, and it is probably a very nice young lady I met on a plane flight a year or two ago.  She was in this country patiently waiting for a green card and I gave her my blog information.  I sincerely hope that she's obtained both the green card and a job by now and I wish her the best of luck! 

It also appears that I have one or more viewers in Canada, Mexico, Britain and France.  A large area that used to constitute the USSR also seems to be included... whether this is just Russia or includes several of the '... stans' I can't be sure because of my lack of current geographic knowledge and the microscopic size of the map that's provided.  It also seems that I have one or more viewers in Peru!

So I want you remotely-located viewers to know that I appreciate your support and it's of more than a little interest to me that you would follow a birding blog that relates to an area so far away.  And if I've left anyone out, my apologies... it's a very small map with which I'm dealing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment