Saturday, October 8, 2011

Continuing My Spring Birding Trip to the Southwest

Continuing with my spring birding trip across the Southwest...

I encountered this male Western bluebird in Bryce Canyon (Utah) National Park. 



Immediately after the Bosque del Apache NWR in New Mexico, the Bear River NWR (Utah) is probably my favorite refuge for photography.  The following photos are from the Bear River NWR which, by the way, has a beautiful new visitors' center.

Shorebirds are one of my weaknesses as far as bird identification is concerned, and I don't know whether this is a Whimbrel or a Long-billed curlew.  I'm guessing a curlew.  If any of you viewers have a definitive opinion please let me know! 


After having just stated my weakness for shorebirds, I'm going out on a (short) limb and identifying this as a Spotted sandpiper.   I'm very happy with this image and I have several others that are almost as good. 


Leaving (thankfully) the shorebirds, I am proud to make a Lark sparrow identification on this next bird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment