Saturday, December 4, 2010

Killdeer and Northern Harrier on Whidbey Island

This is a record... two posts in the same day, but since it's been awhile since I last posted any photos I thought I should get up some from the day's production. 

I drove down to Whidbey Island today with the objective of photographing some quackers in a pond.  Unfortunately the pond area was being visited by people celebrating the first good weather day we've had in weeks so the waterfowl were on the far side of the pond... too far for photos.  I'm making a mental note to return on a week day and in the morning when the light is more favorable. 

However on my way to the pond I happened on a pair of Killdeer and a male Northern Harrier.  You can enlarge the photos by clicking on them.  




No comments:

Post a Comment