Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Multi-Dementional Strides!

First I want to apologize to anyone out there who has been expecting new posts.  Purchase of a MUCH-upgraded camera and attempting to make the transition from jpg to raw images have delayed me from updating the website.  I just last evening downloaded a trial subscription to Adobe Lightroom and this morning managed to process some raw images and convert them to jpg.  So much for the technical aspects of the website... on to nature! 

Our 'manufactures brush pile continues to cough up interesting wildlife.  The California quail, now with chicks, are finding it a safe place to hang out and feed.  For the first time in many weeks we've had visits from a White-crowned sparrow and a Song sparrow.  However the biggest brushpile news is the chipmunk (the first we've had on the property) that has apparently taken up residence there in the past few days.  We first saw the chipmunk in the rock pile by the pond where it has a very secure 'cave' for safety.  However it's not content with either of those two places and at least occasionally travels to another birdbath/rockpile in the yard.  This hasn't escaped the notice of the cats and we're having to monitor them much more closely. 

I've got a backlog of raw photos to process but I'm going to post a couple of Rufous hummingbird shots I took with my new 200-400mm lens on Monday.  I'll try to post a few more photos soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment